Pages

Something Sweet

Always be sweet, to yourself and the world.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Knitting for Charity

  When I was much, much younger, one of my aunts took me for knitting lessons.  I'm sure I didn't fully appreciate it at the time, but now as a stressed out homeschooling mother of five, I love the calm that comes from sitting down with a ball of yarn and the almost mindless repetition of my knitting needles.  Very relaxing.  Anyway, I decided to kill two birds with one stone (not that I would ever kill birds, with a stone or anything else for that matter!) by resurrecting my old knitting skills and doing something of good for others.  I knit up a bunch of scarves and sent them off to a charity called Knit with Love.  This group distributes donated items (scarves, blankets, beanies, and other knitted clothing) to people in need.  I love the sound of that and I can't wait to knit up another box full of items to send off.  I'm going to try my hands at hats next...wish me luck!

posted by The Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

this is the comment box! share your sweet thoughts with us! note: mean things are never good to be said.